Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Top 10 New York songs (I can't just have one...)



photo by tricia chatterton

I'm having a sentimental NYC moment. These are the songs that tug on my heartstrings when I'm traveling and feeling homesick for the city. Take a listen when you're stuck in a dodgy hotel in Houston for business. It helps.

Of course, since The Verve are coming to NYC at the end of the month, my number 1 has GOT to be "New York" by Richard Ashcroft. Enjoy...

1. "New York"- Richard Ashcroft



2. "I Love New York"- Madonna



3. "New York"- U2



4. "Leaving New York"- REM



5. "Fairytale of New York- The Pogues



6. "NYC- Interpol



7. "A Heart in New York"- Simon & Garfunkel



8. "Sullivan Street"-Counting Crows



9. "Marching Bands of Manhattan"-Deathcab For Cutie



and last, but not least...

10. "New York, New York"-Frank Sinatra

No comments: