Monday, January 21, 2008

So You Wanna Be a Rockstar...


photo by tricia chatterton

Well, you'll need a guitar...and I have the perfect place for you to contemplate your future rockstar-ness: Matt Umanov's guitar shop in the west village. Chances are, if you play the guitar already, you probably frequent this place to plot your next guitar conquest. I, myself, frequent it just to see what characters might possibly be strumming some tunes or to look at the variety of guitars they have in stock from vintage to new. Having grown up in a house full of guitars (I for a long time thought the names of the 7 dwarves were Fender, Gretsch, Gibson, Rickenbacker, Taylor, Martin, and Epiphone), I get a little bit of "home" each time I walk in that place. I also get to check out how much the 1965 Fender Jaquar my Dad sold for nothing is worth...and cry.

If you want to sigh over some great vintage and brand new guitars or fulfill that rockstar dream, check out Matt Umanov's guitar shop...

273 Bleecker St.
New York, NY 10014
212.675.2157
http://umanovguitars.com

No comments: